EDF hires AKQA as lead digital agency
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 May 2012 11:00AM
EDF Energy has appointed AKQA as its lead digital advertising agency.
The shop, which won the account after a competitive pitch, will be responsible for both EDF's consumer and business digital activity.
Archibald Ingall Stretton has been the incumbent on the digital account since 2008, and will continue to work with the French energy company on its eCRM activity.
AIS also handles the EDF DM business, which is being reviewed separately in a process that is expected to conclude in early summer.
AKQA's appointment comes as EDF looks to ramp up its digital activity following the launch of the brand positioning "Feel better energy" to promote its new price promise tariff.
EDF's advertising agency, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, recently created a campaign for the brand that featured a character based on the You-Tube "dancing robot" called Keepon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign