The7stars appointed by Ibiza Rocks Group for first full marketing campaign
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 18 May 2012 11:20AM
The7stars has been appointed by live music promoter Ibiza Rocks Group to handle the planning and buying of its debut marketing campaign to drive up interest in the brand, and support the launch of a new Ibiza night featuring Mark Ronson and Example.
The marketing campaign will run up until September and is aimed at driving up sales of hotel stays and tickets in Mallorca and Ibiza. It will also support the launch of Ibiza Rocks' new Friday night offering, We Are Rockstars.
Ibiza Rocks will feature artists such as Mark Ronson, Zane Lowe, Skream & Benga, Example and a host of new DJs.
The marketing activity will be running nationally across press and online, and also includes a partnership with major dance music and club culture magazine, Mixmag.
Ibiza and Mallorca Rocks advertising will appear alongside relevant features and on the Mixmag.com dedicated Ibiza hub.
The size of the account win for the7stars is unclear.
Anuschka Clarke, account director at the7stars, said: "A campaign of this scale is a first for Ibiza and Mallorca Rocks and marks the success and growth of this exciting brand.
"Heavily targeting music fans, clubbers and holiday lovers in the right places at the right time, it will drive footfall both to the hotels and the events. This is a brand that really understands its audience and what they are after, which shows in the amazing artists who will be performing this summer."
Andy McKay, chief executive officer of Ibiza Rocks Group, said: "The7stars' proposed campaign was exactly what we were looking for. They really understood our audience and how to reach them. This level of marketing activity reflects a significant expansion of our brand – now with four events per week featuring the world's greatest talent across two hotels on two islands."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Manager - Integrated & Automotive Spectrum 360 Recruitment £25k - £28k, London, Soho
- Digital Strategist The Little Black Book Agency £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Source £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Senior Account Director Source £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Source £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
Pinterest takes big step towards working with major brands
It marks Pinterest’s first step towards associating images directly with brands and could be the beginning of a change on the social network that sees it become a marketplace as well as a site where people pin ideas of things they like or that inspire them.