Total Media lands Random House and Transworld Publishers online accounts
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 11:35AM
Random House Children's Publishers UK and Transworld Publishers have appointed Total Media to handle their online media planning and buying.
The win builds on the independent agency's existing relationships with other companies in the Random House Group. There was no incumbent on the business and the appointment was made without a pitch
Total Media will be responsible for managing digital display advertising across consumer sites and social media networks, as well as implementing video seeding campaigns for the publishing houses' future book launches.
The campaign will use a mixture of demographic and behavioural and consumer data to reach relevant audiences.
Barry O'Donovan, marketing director at Random House Children's Publishers UK, said that the company was "impressed" with Total Media's in-house digital capabilities.
Thomas Laranjo, managing director for Total Media, said: "With increased audience engagement through digital platforms, it's completely right that publishers should seek to start migrating their media content online.
"Our specialist media planners will collaborate with our internal digital teams to ensure that the publishing houses' advertising reaches the relevant consumers – driving a campaign based on real-time consumer data."
Total Media also recently won the media planning and buying account for the publisher Hodder & Stoughton.
Acumen Media Partners continues to manage Random House Children's Publishers UK and Transworld’s offline media.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- OOH Planners and Buyers Ultimate Asset £18000 - £100000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, South East England
- PPC Executive - London - up to £28,000 Salt £25000 - £28000 per annum + + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - London - circa £55K Salt £55000 per annum + standard benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £65000 - £75000 per annum, Shirley, West Midlands
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Vodafone to create play from tweets
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- ZenithOptimedia retains O2 and snatches Spanish market
- An agency view on the 'right to be forgotten'
- Land Rover moves global content and social media to Brooklyn Brothers