Publicis Chemistry founders Charlton and Garton depart
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 10:40AM
Publicis Chemistry's managing director, Diane Charlton, and its chief executive, Joe Garton, have resigned, prompting a management restructure.
Their departure comes just 16 months after their former agency, Chemistry, was acquired by Publicis Groupe and merged with its CRM specialist, Publicis Dialog, to create the new shop.
Charlton and Garton do not have other jobs to go to and are expected to pursue other interests. The new management structure at the agency is expected imminently.
The pair were responsible for overseeing the strategy for Publicis Chemistry, as well as its senior client relationships.
Nigel Jones, Publicis' UK group chairman and chief executive, said: "It has been a very successful first year for Publicis Chemistry. Joe and Di have played a significant part in establishing the agency and we now wish them well in their future ventures."
Last month, Publicis Chemistry won the £50 million Everything Everywhere direct marketing account.
The agency is one of the largest integrated agencies in the UK, with more than 250 staff and more than 50 per cent of its revenues derived from digital communications.
Chemistry was formed in 2001 after the merger of the digital agency Fusion, which Charlton founded, and Manifesto, of which Garton was the managing director and founder.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Recruitment Consultant Ultimate Asset £25000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent career opportunities!, London
- Senior Online Marketing/Acquisition Manager - Email (12 month FTC) PSD Group Up to c. £50K, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London