Cannes 2012: DDB and AKQA place on first Cannes Mobile awards shortlist
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 09:00AM
UK agencies, led by DDB, have picked up eight out of 99 nominations in the first ever Cannes Lions Mobile awards.
The category, which recognises work that appears on or is activated by a mobile device, app or the mobile web, is the festival's first dedicated award for the medium.
DDB UK led the UK showing on the shortlist, with two nominations for its Budweiser "ice cold index" and Volkswagen "digital showrooms".
AKQA also made the list for its "under the thumb" MTV work, while DLKW Lowe secured a nomination for The Microloan Foundation "pennies for life" campaign.
Red Bee Media was nominated for its "walkers kill count" work for Fox and Brothers and Sisters made the shortlist for "street tag" for Channel 4 and for Museum of London's "Dickens and London" exhibition.
Movement London was shortlisted for Coca-Cola "move to the beat".
The US dominated the category, with 20 nominations in a shortlist of 99 entries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager AF Selection £26,000 - £28,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search / Biddable Manager - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum To £50,000 + benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...