Cannes 2012: DDB and AKQA place on first Cannes Mobile awards shortlist
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 09:00AM
UK agencies, led by DDB, have picked up eight out of 99 nominations in the first ever Cannes Lions Mobile awards.
The category, which recognises work that appears on or is activated by a mobile device, app or the mobile web, is the festival's first dedicated award for the medium.
DDB UK led the UK showing on the shortlist, with two nominations for its Budweiser "ice cold index" and Volkswagen "digital showrooms".
AKQA also made the list for its "under the thumb" MTV work, while DLKW Lowe secured a nomination for The Microloan Foundation "pennies for life" campaign.
Red Bee Media was nominated for its "walkers kill count" work for Fox and Brothers and Sisters made the shortlist for "street tag" for Channel 4 and for Museum of London's "Dickens and London" exhibition.
Movement London was shortlisted for Coca-Cola "move to the beat".
The US dominated the category, with 20 nominations in a shortlist of 99 entries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'