Butlins to review £5m media planning and buying account
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 10:41AM
Butlins, the holiday and leisure company, is to review its £5m media planning and buying account currently held by ZenithOptimedia.
The company contacted media agencies at the end of last week with a request for information (RFI) from the AAR for a pitch that is expected to be headed up by Butlins sales and marketing director Jackie Martin in the coming month.
Butlins is part of the Bourne Leisure Group, which also owns Haven Holidays and Warner Leisure Hotels, and placed the majority of its media spend on television and direct mail last year with the rest reserved for press, radio and outdoor, according to Nielsen.
In May last year, Butlins parted company with retained creative agency Mother after the independent agency had served just nine months on the business, which resulted in the leisure company temporarily taking its £5m advertising account in house.
Mother had launched a campaign in January 2011 featuring a furry green dinosaur called Ludo the Dino.
The brief was eventually picked up by start-up agency Now, established by Mark Lund, John Townshend and Kate Waters, which took the business last August.
Butlins and Bourne Leisure were not available to comment.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account