JWT to buy out Turkey's Manajans Thompson
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 August 2012 12:27PM
WPP advertising agency JWT is to acquire full control of Turkish agency Manajans Thompson, one of WPP's earliest investments.
JWT has held a minority stake in Manajans since 1985, prior to it being acquired by WPP.
The Istanbul-based agency was founded in 1944 and employs around 70 people, working for clients including Nokia, Shell, pharmaceutical company Bayer, mobile network Turkcell and food company Ulker.
The agency’s 2011 revenues were eight million Turkish lira (£2.8 million).
WPP companies in Turkey employ nearly 1,000 people and generate annual revenues of $100m (£63.7m).Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Digital Designer Salt £250 - £350 per day, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £42000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London