JWT to buy out Turkey's Manajans Thompson
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 August 2012 12:27PM
WPP advertising agency JWT is to acquire full control of Turkish agency Manajans Thompson, one of WPP's earliest investments.
JWT has held a minority stake in Manajans since 1985, prior to it being acquired by WPP.
The Istanbul-based agency was founded in 1944 and employs around 70 people, working for clients including Nokia, Shell, pharmaceutical company Bayer, mobile network Turkcell and food company Ulker.
The agency’s 2011 revenues were eight million Turkish lira (£2.8 million).
WPP companies in Turkey employ nearly 1,000 people and generate annual revenues of $100m (£63.7m).Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief