Campaign's showcase of ads directed by late, great, Tony Scott
As tributes flood in for the 68-year-old British director, Tony Scott, who died on Sunday, Campaign takes a look at the commercials he directed during a distinguished career.
Scott began his career at older brother Ridley Scott's TV advertising production company, Ridley Scott Associates (RSA), directing ads for brands such as Barclays, Marlboro cigarettes and BMW.
After working in TV advertising for 10 years focusing on "girls, jeans and 'rock n roll' during what was a wild period in advertising" as Scott described it in an interview in 2010, he later turned his hand to directing films like his brother, and was behind such Hollywood blockbusters as 'Top Gun' and 'Days of Thunder'.
He is understood to have taken his own life over the weekend near his home in Los Angeles in the US. His wife and two sons survive him.
Here we take a look at some of his most memorable ads. Read Campaign magazine on Thursday for a full tribute.
Diet Mountain Dew 'livin the life'
BMW 'beat the devil'
Interview with Tony Scott in 2010 on directing films and ads
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers