McCann Bristol wins Sea Life aquarium account for global TV brief
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 August 2012 12:41PM
Sea Life has appointed McCann Bristol to create a global TV campaign in partnership with its Australian office, following a competitive pitch.
Sea Life, the global aquarium brand, is owned by Merlin Entertainments and currently operates 44 aquariums across 17 countries.
McCann Bristol has been appointed to create a global TV ad campaign to run across key markets, including the UK, Germany and Australia.
The agency said the campaign would aim to create a "sense of wonder and amazement", while seeking to educate consumers about the brand's work to conserve the world’s oceans.
McCann Bristol will work closely with the McCann Sydney office to create the campaign. Sydney Aquarium is currently undergoing a rebrand to become Sea Life Sydney, and the campaign will serve as supporting activity in the attraction's relaunch.
The aquarium is undergoing a $6.5m (£4.3m) redevelopment and will boast 650 different species, 14 new features and the world's largest collection of sharks and rays.
Sarah Taylor, global head of marketing, Sea Life, said: "McCann Bristol's creative ideas for the TV campaign really captured the excitement and wonder of Sea Life, and it was clear that they had thoroughly researched our offering – not only in the UK, but globally too.
"The insights that the company can provide us with on a global scale are just what we need to successfully roll out the TV campaign into different markets in the coming months, and in turn, attract visitors."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Digital Marketing Executive Carnival UK Up to £40,000 (DOE) + company pension and superb benefits , Southampton
- National Account Controller - FMCG JV Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: excellent car allowance, bonus and beneifts, Leeds
- Brand Marketing Manager JV Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: plus car allowance and package, North Yorkshire
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £28-45k dep experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Digital surge drives UK advertising's fastest growth for four years
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Aviva appoints Adam & Eve/DDB to global ad account