Gyro London appoints Nick Jefferson as new MD
Gyro London has appointed Nick Jefferson as its new managing director, following the departure of Claire Wright, who has left after less than a year in the role.
Jefferson replaces Wright who left the agency in June after only seven months at the helm. Wright moved to OgilvyOne to become managing partner last month.
Jefferson joins Gyro from branding agency Corporate Edge, where he was chief executive, working with clients such as EDF Energy and Shell.
At Gyro Jefferson will report to Gyro’s global chief executive and chief creative officer, Christoph Becker and will be responsible for growing the capturing new global business.
He will also be responsible for building on the agency's recent proposition of focussing on creative ideas and strategy.
Prior to Corporate Edge, Jefferson was the head of corporate communication agency, Likemind before it was merged with Corporate Edge by parent company, The Photon Group.
Becker said: "London is home to some of Gyro’s largest and most iconic global accounts. Nick’s energy, unique experience and understanding of our culture and how it’s propelled gyro forward over the past 12 months, makes him the perfect managing director of Gyro London".
Jefferson said: "In my experience gyro has the most focused vision, direction and culture of any agency I’ve encountered. It has a commitment to creating humanly relevant ideas and has hired some of the brightest minds in our industry. I can't wait to get cracking."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure