Gyro London appoints Nick Jefferson as new MD
Gyro London has appointed Nick Jefferson as its new managing director, following the departure of Claire Wright, who has left after less than a year in the role.
Jefferson replaces Wright who left the agency in June after only seven months at the helm. Wright moved to OgilvyOne to become managing partner last month.
Jefferson joins Gyro from branding agency Corporate Edge, where he was chief executive, working with clients such as EDF Energy and Shell.
At Gyro Jefferson will report to Gyro’s global chief executive and chief creative officer, Christoph Becker and will be responsible for growing the capturing new global business.
He will also be responsible for building on the agency's recent proposition of focussing on creative ideas and strategy.
Prior to Corporate Edge, Jefferson was the head of corporate communication agency, Likemind before it was merged with Corporate Edge by parent company, The Photon Group.
Becker said: "London is home to some of Gyro’s largest and most iconic global accounts. Nick’s energy, unique experience and understanding of our culture and how it’s propelled gyro forward over the past 12 months, makes him the perfect managing director of Gyro London".
Jefferson said: "In my experience gyro has the most focused vision, direction and culture of any agency I’ve encountered. It has a commitment to creating humanly relevant ideas and has hired some of the brightest minds in our industry. I can't wait to get cracking."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategist - Top 5 Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Marketing Planning Controller Stopgap £75000 - £80000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, Bedfordshire
- Partnership & Sponsorship Manager, Leisure, £55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday