Calvert takes digital strategy role at Mindshare Worldwide
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 11:35AM
Mindshare Worldwide has appointed Simon Calvert to the new role of digital strategy leader.
Calvert joins Mindshare Worldwide after a brief stint at Digitas, where he was the worldwide head of strategic planning. He was previously the global chief planning officer on the Beiersdorf account at DraftFCB.
In his new role, Calvert will be responsible for helping Mindshare Worldwide's international client teams develop and execute digital strategy.
Calvert will take up his new role on 1 October and report to Norm Johnston, the global digital leader at Mindshare.
In a 25-year career, Calvert has also held positions including the head of strategy at Proximity. Before this, he was a founding partner of Heresy.
He entered the industry as an account executive at McCann Erickson in 1986. He has also worked at Carat as its communications director, Michaelides & Bednash as a media strategist and Saatchi & Saatchi as a senior account planner.
Johnston said: "I'm delighted to have Simon join our global digital team. He will bring a tremendous amount of strategic and practical digital experience to Mindshare's international clients."
Calvert said: "I'm very excited about joining Mindshare Worldwide and the opportunity to work with its impressive team and blue-chip, global client list."Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £26000 per annum, Telford
- .Net Developer Dynamic New Alliances £45000 - £55000 per annum + bens, London
- Online Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000, Peterborough
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again