Southern Comfort appoints Wieden & Kennedy London to UK ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 September 2012 12:06PM
Southern Comfort has appointed Wieden & Kennedy London to be its lead creative agency in the UK, handling its above-the-line and digital work.
Wieden & Kennedy London won the account without a pitch and follows the brand’s appointment of Wieden & Kennedy New York as its global agency of record in July this year.
The previous incumbent on the above-the-line business in the UK was Arnold KLP, while Grape handled the digital business.
Wieden’s in London also handles the advertising for Southern Comfort sister brands Finlandia and Maximus, which are all owned by Brown-Forman.
W&K London will be implementing the New York office's creative strategy "Whatever’s Comfortable" and follows W&K New York’s first work for the brand which launched last month in the US and today (Wednesday) in the UK.
W&K London, managing director, Neil Christie said: "We're delighted to add Southern Comfort to the WK London drinks trolley. It's a truly iconic brand and we look forward to working on it with the Brown Forman team."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Coordinator Â– Major Retailer ADLIB £20-25k DOE, Devon
- Digital Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £18000 - £22000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Red Sofa London £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Agency Sales Manager - programmatic Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, West End
- DIGITAL MARKETING DESIGNER - £30-35K - LONDON Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'