Grey and BBDO to pitch for HSBC global creative
Grey and BBDO are understood to be lining up against incumbent JWT for the £400m HSBC global creative account.
JWT was put on alert last week when HSBC called a review after eight years and it is understood that it could lead to HSBC appointing a roster of creative agencies to the business.
It is understood that JWT will be up against its sister WPP shop Grey as well as the BBDO network, led by Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO in the UK.
The successful agency or agencies are expected to work on a new strapline for the bank, which is yet to settle on a global strategy after deciding to scrap ‘the world’s local bank’.
When questioned about the agencies who are understood to be on the creative shortlist a spokeswoman for HSBC declined to comment further than the statement put out when the news of the review broke.
The HSBC spokeswoman said: "HSBC has begun a review of its strategic advertising and media partners, which is expected to conclude at the end of the first quarter of 2013.
"This closed review, in which participation is by invitation only, is not a creative ‘beauty parade’ and HSBC is not conducting any such pitch review. HSBC will not comment on the process of the review or the participants."
WPP won the creative and media global pitch for HSBC’s business in May 2004 with a "team HSBC" proposition, ending the bank's relationships with Interpublic’s Lowe and Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- HSBC shows the power of international connections in 'the lemon grove'
- McCann out of global HSBC pitch
- Sir Martin Sorrell: why Facebook and Google need to hold their nerve
- HSBC calls £400m global creative and media review
- HSBC to sponsor Vevo's new artist series
- HSBC adopts content approach with ad-funded business series
- HSBC group marketing boss issues Facebook privacy warning
- HSBC's Chris Clark on a new era for the bank's marketing
- HSBC promotes Philip Mehl to pan-Euro role
- WPP beats rivals to win $600m global HSBC account
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web