Acer picks DWA as EMEA media agency for Aspire s7 campaign
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 02 November 2012 11:42AM
Acer has appointed independent media agency DWA to handle the EMEA media planning and buying for its Aspire s7 campaign.
DWA has handled the media planning and buying across the EMEA region for the recent campaign by the Taiwanese hardware and electronics company, featuring Hollywood actress Megan Fox.
It is understood that Acer was awarded the business in the run-up to the s5 campaign starring Kiefer Sutherland in August, though it is not clear whether the appointment is a long-term one.
According to sources, the Acer account was previously handled by an in-house unit called Circle Line.
Anton Mitsyuk, EMEA marketing director of Acer, said: "We selected DWA as they demonstrated a significant depth of knowledge and understanding of the international technology sector.
"It's critical that our valued partners bring an insight not just into the category, but also into how media is consumed across all of our key EMEA markets, with a particular emphasis on social media engagement."
David Wood, chief executive of DWA Group, said: "In the global technology sector, Acer is widely recognised as an important pioneer in the personal computing space. With all its brands Acer, which is dominant in a number of primary EMEA markets, is writing a new and important marketing chapter".
DWA works exclusively in the technology sector, with eight offices across EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific.
The Megan Fox spot opens with a short Intel sting. The global Intel media account is handled by OMD.
Acer declined to comment other than to confirm the win.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Packaging Co-ordinator Beyond The Book Negotiable, Northampton
- Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum + benefits , Rayleigh
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned