Rennie to sponsor Christmas on Channel 4 and UKTV
Rennie, the indigestion remedy brand, is to target people overindulging in the Christmas period by sponsoring seasonal programming across Channel 4, Film4 and the UKTV network.
The significant six-figure sponsorship will cover shows such as 'Superscrimpers Christmas Special' and 'Fabulous Baker Brothers Christmas Special' on Channel 4, UKTV’s 'Festive Entertainment' strand and Film4's daytime schedule.
The 'Festive Entertainment' strand will include 1,600 hours of programming across UKTV's network including all its channels (such as Dave and Gold), apart from Home.
JWT has made the idents, which will use animation to make light-hearted jokes about Christmas excess and convey the message that Rennie can make "tummies happy this Christmas".
The sponsorship, which was negotiated between Channel 4 sales and MediaCom Beyond Advertising, starts on Monday (19 November) and will run until the end of the year.
Ivan Lazarov, associate director at MediaCom Beyond Advertising, said: "Christmas viewing across Channel 4 and UKTV offers Rennie a big TV occasion, as well as a family presence which, combined with humorous idents, will enable the brand to connect with a period of traditional excess and drive huge brand awareness."
Channel 4 has managed the ad sales for UKTV's network since January 2011.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Designer Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- International Account Manager - Media Planning - Leading Agency - to £30k + brilliant benefits Fill Recruitment £28 to £30k + superb benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £50000 per annum, Bristol
- Insight Analyst Salt £200 - £300 per day, Nottingham
- Digital Market Research and Intelligence Consultant PSD Group Up to £50K + package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party