Rennie to sponsor Christmas on Channel 4 and UKTV
Rennie, the indigestion remedy brand, is to target people overindulging in the Christmas period by sponsoring seasonal programming across Channel 4, Film4 and the UKTV network.
The significant six-figure sponsorship will cover shows such as 'Superscrimpers Christmas Special' and 'Fabulous Baker Brothers Christmas Special' on Channel 4, UKTV’s 'Festive Entertainment' strand and Film4's daytime schedule.
The 'Festive Entertainment' strand will include 1,600 hours of programming across UKTV's network including all its channels (such as Dave and Gold), apart from Home.
JWT has made the idents, which will use animation to make light-hearted jokes about Christmas excess and convey the message that Rennie can make "tummies happy this Christmas".
The sponsorship, which was negotiated between Channel 4 sales and MediaCom Beyond Advertising, starts on Monday (19 November) and will run until the end of the year.
Ivan Lazarov, associate director at MediaCom Beyond Advertising, said: "Christmas viewing across Channel 4 and UKTV offers Rennie a big TV occasion, as well as a family presence which, combined with humorous idents, will enable the brand to connect with a period of traditional excess and drive huge brand awareness."
Channel 4 has managed the ad sales for UKTV's network since January 2011.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director (Corporate Communications) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £80k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Corporate Reporting Consultant/IR Corporate Communications Recruitment £50-£80k plus bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Corporate Communications Recruitment £30-£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham