MediaCom scoops £2m Harper Collins account
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 10:41AM
MediaCom has been appointed to the £2m media planning and buying account for News Corporation-owned book publisher Harper Collins.
The incumbent on the account was Walker Media, which had worked for the publisher since 2009. Prior to that, OMD handled the account.
It is understood that Harper Collins aims to expand on its digital strategy for its literary marketing campaigns and ramp up its social media spend.
This week, Robert Thomson was named as the head of the demerged publishing business soon to be formed at News Corp, which will include Harper Collins in its portfolio.
The book publisher is currently promoting its recent release ‘Cheryl: My Story’, an authorised biography of the pop singer and L’Oreal ambassador Cheryl Cole’s life.
Harper Collins publishes a range of fiction, business, cookbooks, romance, history, children’s books and audio books. In October it was announced that Harper Collins was partnering with actor Jonny Depp to create a new book imprint.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne