MediaCom scoops £2m Harper Collins account
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 10:41AM
MediaCom has been appointed to the £2m media planning and buying account for News Corporation-owned book publisher Harper Collins.
The incumbent on the account was Walker Media, which had worked for the publisher since 2009. Prior to that, OMD handled the account.
It is understood that Harper Collins aims to expand on its digital strategy for its literary marketing campaigns and ramp up its social media spend.
This week, Robert Thomson was named as the head of the demerged publishing business soon to be formed at News Corp, which will include Harper Collins in its portfolio.
The book publisher is currently promoting its recent release ‘Cheryl: My Story’, an authorised biography of the pop singer and L’Oreal ambassador Cheryl Cole’s life.
Harper Collins publishes a range of fiction, business, cookbooks, romance, history, children’s books and audio books. In October it was announced that Harper Collins was partnering with actor Jonny Depp to create a new book imprint.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Campaign Project Manager Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Junior Comms Planning Manager required for Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £32000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Entertainment brand - Comms Manager at top London media agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum, London
- Comms Business Director required for Leading Publisher Brand Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas