Google+ reunites Wallace and Gromit stars for Christmas ad
Google is reuniting the characters from the 'Wallace and Gromit' films for a festive video aimed at highlighting how Google+ can bring together family and friends.
Aardman Animations, the creators of Wallace and Gromit, has made the ad that stars the eponymous characters alongside Trixie and Captain Cuddlepuss from 'Creature Comforts' and Shaun the Sheep and Ginger from 'Chicken Run'.
Creative shows the characters using a Google+ Hangout, which supports a multi-person video chat with up to 10 screens, to open their presents together.
The YouTube video ends with the strapline, "Get the family together, wherever they are", and prompts people to invite their families to use the service.
Google has created a website to host the ad, which is designed to be a personalised video information that can be sent to friends and family. familyhangouts.withgoogle.com
Adam & Eve/DDB was behind the concept for the video, while Rehabstudio created the website. Essence is handling the media planning and buying for the campaign in the UK, US, Germany and France.
Google has also created a Holiday Effects app to run alongside the Hangout service, which allows people to put on a Santa hat, reindeer antlers or Wallace’s tank top.
Merlin Crossingham, creative director for Wallace and Gromit, said: "Seeing all of the Aardman characters coming together for the first time is something we are sure our fans the world over will absolutely love."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films