Waitrose to stream live cooking show online
Waitrose is launching its first live cooking show today, which will be streamed via its website and presented by Lisa Faulkner, the 'Celebrity Masterchef' winner.
The show will also be available via Facebook. Faulkner will be joined by chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School, The Fabulous Baker Brothers, Dhruv Baker and Jose Pizarro.
Waitrose will air the show between 7pm-8pm tonight and will feature recipes for party food, tips for Christmas dinner and live questions from the viewers.
The supermarket has previously run "how-to" videos starring brand ambassadors including Delia Smith on Facebook, but these were not broadcast live.
Waitrose will offer the chance to win over £1,000 of prizes while watching the supermarket's first "live cookery show".
Earlier in the month Waitrose had an online Q&A hijacked by Greenpeace over protests about the supermarket’s tie up with oil giant Shell.
The campaign led Greenpeace to claim that Waitrose had stalled plans to roll out its partnership with Shell.
Trading is picking up at Waitrose as shoppers rush to stock up ahead of Christmas with week-on-week sales up by 6.7% for the week ending Saturday 15 December.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham