Campaign Viral Chart: 2012 hangs on a while longer
Google and YouTube's reviews of 2012 dominate this week's viral chart, with Fiat taking third place with its rap about motherhood.
The past week’s most recommended video with 195,848 shares is Google’s ‘Zeitgeist 2012: Year in Review’, which recaps major global events such as the Olympics, the Arab Spring and Felix Baumgartner’s jump from space.
In a similar but more light-hearted vein, Google’s video-sharing site YouTube looks back at what was popular in 2012 by creating a new video for smash song ‘Gangnam Style’.
In third place, Fiat takes off the rap music video format with ‘The Motherhood featuring Fiat 500L’. Produced by Rubber Republic, the car gets substantial screen time as a woman sums up life with children with lines such as "I’m expressive, I express all the time because the doc said to not breastfeed is a crime".
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. Google 'Zeitgeist 2012: Year In Review' by Whirled
195,848 shares this week
All time: 604,719 shares
2. YouTube "Rewind YouTube Style 2012" by Seedwell
73,257 shares this week
All time: 1,230,304 shares
3. Fiat 'The Motherhood feat. Fiat 500L' created by Rubber Republic
37,240 shares this week
All time: 164,750 shares
4. Samsung/ Disney 'Wreck-it Ralph Challenge' created by Feref/Starcom
26,734 shares this week
All time: 80,462 shares
5. SPCA 'Meet Porter. The World's First Driving Dog.' by DraftFCB
15,092 shares this week
All time: 573,855 shares
6. Campofrio 'El Curriculum de Todos' by McCann Erickson
7,750 shares this week
All time: 222,192 shares
7. Victoria's Secret 'Deck the Halls' created by Madoff Productions
6,824 shares this week
All time: 206,063 shares
8. Samsung 'Samsung Galaxy Note II - Office Upgrade' by 72 And Sunny
4,830 shares this week
All time: 8,984 shares
9. Kia 'Optima Blake Time Travels' by David&Goliath, El Segundo, USA
3,609 shares this week
All time: 28,951 shares
10. Ford Europe 'SNOWKHANA ONE' by Content Factory
3,249 shares this week
All time: 20,357 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart