Publicis to merge Digitas and LBi
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 February 2013 08:00AM
Publicis is to merge its digital agencies Digitas and LBi to create a single network called DigitasLBi.
The merger follows the recent completion of Publicis’ £333 million acquisition of LBi after a deal was brokered last September.
Luke Taylor, the chief executive of LBi, has been appointed as the global chief executive of the new network, which will employ 5,700 staff in 25 countries.
Colin Kinsella, the chief executive of Digitas North America, will continue in his role.
Maurice Levy, the chairman and chief executive of Publicis, claimed that the integration of Digitas, which has its power base in the US, and LBi, which is stronger in Europe, will create "the largest, most complete concentration of digital skills and competencies in the world."
In the UK, there is unlikely to be an immediate merger of the London office of LBi with Kitcatt Nohr Digitas.
Taylor will report to Bob Lord, the chief executive of Publicis Groupe’s Digital Technology Division. The merger process will be overseen by a team led by Stephen Beringer, the chief executive of Digitas and Razorfish International.
Taylor said: "DigitasLBi represents the first time that insight, content and distribution has been brought together in one agency, providing clients with a truly integrated, best-in-class, global offering."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Business Development/Account Manager - £30k Base (£60-70k OTE) - Online Education - London Digital Gurus £30000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director Major Players £48000 - £52000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director PSD Group Up to £60k base + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Sales & Marketing Director UK/Europe, Youth Travel Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB