Sony Mobile calls UK advertising review
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 10:38AM
Sony Mobile is reviewing its UK advertising account, currently held by Iris.
The appointed agency will be responsible for handling Sony Mobile's TV, digital and social media, outdoor and print work.
McCann London handles Sony Mobile's global advertising business and their relationship is not thought to be affected by the review.
Iris Worldwide currently handles the account but the agency has declined the repitch. The agency has handled the account for the past three years.
However, Iris has worked with Sony Ericsson for the past 14 years and was one of the agency’s founding clients.
Iris will continue to work with Sony Mobile on a global basis across digital, social media, retail and channel marketing, experiential marketing, branded content development, sponsorship activation and trade advocacy programmes.
Ian Millner, the global chief executive and co-founder of Iris, said: "As part of their continuing changes, Sony Mobile UK has asked our London operation to participate in a creative pitch later this year as they look to build on the trajectory of success for the brand in the UK.
"After careful consideration, however, we have decided that we should concentrate our talent and energy on our other clients both inside Sony and outside."
Iris was behind Sony Mobile's recent digital campaign around its Xperia Z model. The agency has also increased Sony Mobile's Facebook page from 80,000 fans to over 451,000.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign