Thomas Cook calls digital pitch
Thomas Cook has approached agencies ahead of a pitch for its digital business.
The travel retailer is said to be on the hunt for an agency to overhaul its online presence, including its website. However, the full scope of the brief is unclear as talks are still at an early stage.
Mike Hoban, the Thomas Cook marketing director, is expected to lead the process of appointing an agency. He joined the travel company last year, having previously headed the marketing team at Confused.com.
Thomas Cook currently handles much of its digital activity in-house.
Last year, it appointed Havas Worldwide London to handle its advertising business. The agency created a campaign using the line "It's a wonderful world, explore it with us", which broke in March 2012.
However, Campaign's sister magazine Marketing revealed Thomas Cook was forced to cut back on some of its planned New Year 2013 marketing activity due to cost controls.
The group is heavily in debt but has embarked on a turnaround plan led by the chief executive, Harriet Green, and pre-tax losses declined in the final three months of 2012 to £127.9 million, down from £151.7 million in 2011.
Today, Thomas Cook announced £50m of additional cost cutting and disposals of non-core businesses as part of its turnaround plan.Follow @Darbs73
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Embattled Thomas Cook calls ad review
- My Media Week: Cameran Harman
- Thomas Cook axes marketing roles amid major restructure
- Thomas Cook to sponsor Jazz Travels
- Thomson and First Choice profits beat Thomas Cook results
- Thomas Cook shelves planned New Year campaign
- Thomson boosts spend to press home Dreamliner advantage
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Agile project manager Creative Recruitment £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Business Development Director Dynamic New Alliances £100000.00 - £120000.00 per annum, City of London
- Direct Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital GBP13 per hour, Cambridge
- Digital Strategist Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum + car+parking , Manchester
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.