Mentos unveils 'Stay fresh' global campaign
Confectionery brand Mentos is introducing the strapline 'Stay fresh' as part of a global campaign targeting younger consumers.
The brand, owned by Italian company Perfetti Van Melle, is rolling out a TV, press and outdoor campaign warning: ‘Don’t become your dad.’
The work, by BBH, includes a trio of TV ads depicting what can happen if consumers do not ‘stay fresh’. In one spot, a man turns down an offer of a car ride with two beautiful women because their vehicle does not have seatbelts. In another, a student in a library cannot work out how to mute his mobile-phone ringtone.
Mentos has attempted to strike an irreverent tone in its ads for some time, with recent campaigns using the tagline: ‘There’s nothing like a Mentos kiss.’ However, having divers-ified beyond mint products, the brand is looking to adopt a broader positioning to promote its confectionery.
Perfetti Van Melle also owns brands such as Chupa-Chups, Fruittella and Smint.
Mentos reported a strong 2012, with UK sales of its non-gum confectionery range up 17% year on year to £16.5m, according to Nielsen. It is the UK’s fourth-biggest gum brand, behind Mars-owned Wrigley’s Extra, Air-waves and Orbit, posting annual sales of £8.5m in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CRM Manager (9 month maternity contract) Stopgap Ã‚£27000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Consultant - Qualitative Research Trace £30,000 to £50,000 per annum, Central London
- Product Marketing Manager - Business Services, Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £45k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Stopgap Ã‚£40000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, West Midlands
- Head of PR and Public Affairs (12 month maternity contract) Stopgap Ã‚£54000 - Ã‚£68000 per annum + pro rata, West Midlands