Mentos unveils 'Stay fresh' global campaign
Confectionery brand Mentos is introducing the strapline 'Stay fresh' as part of a global campaign targeting younger consumers.
The brand, owned by Italian company Perfetti Van Melle, is rolling out a TV, press and outdoor campaign warning: ‘Don’t become your dad.’
The work, by BBH, includes a trio of TV ads depicting what can happen if consumers do not ‘stay fresh’. In one spot, a man turns down an offer of a car ride with two beautiful women because their vehicle does not have seatbelts. In another, a student in a library cannot work out how to mute his mobile-phone ringtone.
Mentos has attempted to strike an irreverent tone in its ads for some time, with recent campaigns using the tagline: ‘There’s nothing like a Mentos kiss.’ However, having divers-ified beyond mint products, the brand is looking to adopt a broader positioning to promote its confectionery.
Perfetti Van Melle also owns brands such as Chupa-Chups, Fruittella and Smint.
Mentos reported a strong 2012, with UK sales of its non-gum confectionery range up 17% year on year to £16.5m, according to Nielsen. It is the UK’s fourth-biggest gum brand, behind Mars-owned Wrigley’s Extra, Air-waves and Orbit, posting annual sales of £8.5m in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £50000 per annum, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show