Connect hires Alastair Duncan to open London office
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 08:31AM
Alastair Duncan, co-founder of Jaguar's global in-house agency Spark44 and former chief executive of MRM Worldwide, has been hired by Midlands-based Connect Advertising and Marketing to establish a London office.
Duncan, as managing director, will build Connect's London office in Clerkenwell, East London.
Connect, whose clients include Bentley and Bugatti, Birmingham Airport, Chiltern Railways and Tarmac, hopes Duncan will draw on his expertise in founding new agencies and innovating with digital media to widen the agency's reach and build its presence in the Capital.
In his most recent role at Spark44 he led the in-house agency as managing director and repositioned Jaguar as the "Alive' car brand.
Previous to founding Spark44, Duncan was chief executive of McCann’s network agency MRM Worldwide between 2005 and 2009. Duncan also founded the digital arm of Ammirati Puris Lintas and also Interpublic-backed Zentropy Partners.
His other digital innovations include launching interactive TV with the BBC in 1993, creating the first online car configurator for the Mini brand in 1997 and the first internet banking service for NatWest in 2003.
Duncan said: "Connect is growing at a rapid rate and has a strong heartland of combining creativity with technology to deliver exceptional results.
"My personal experience is in delivering projects that do just that, so I’m looking forward to helping the agency take the next step and move to the bigger international stage."
Duncan will also retain his involvement with Alternative Genius, a company for elite creative professionals to share their ideas. He said it is a "tremendously agile creative experimentation community that will add value in my new role".Follow @LouiseRidley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne