Connect hires Alastair Duncan to open London office
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 08:31AM
Alastair Duncan, co-founder of Jaguar's global in-house agency Spark44 and former chief executive of MRM Worldwide, has been hired by Midlands-based Connect Advertising and Marketing to establish a London office.
Duncan, as managing director, will build Connect's London office in Clerkenwell, East London.
Connect, whose clients include Bentley and Bugatti, Birmingham Airport, Chiltern Railways and Tarmac, hopes Duncan will draw on his expertise in founding new agencies and innovating with digital media to widen the agency's reach and build its presence in the Capital.
In his most recent role at Spark44 he led the in-house agency as managing director and repositioned Jaguar as the "Alive' car brand.
Previous to founding Spark44, Duncan was chief executive of McCann’s network agency MRM Worldwide between 2005 and 2009. Duncan also founded the digital arm of Ammirati Puris Lintas and also Interpublic-backed Zentropy Partners.
His other digital innovations include launching interactive TV with the BBC in 1993, creating the first online car configurator for the Mini brand in 1997 and the first internet banking service for NatWest in 2003.
Duncan said: "Connect is growing at a rapid rate and has a strong heartland of combining creativity with technology to deliver exceptional results.
"My personal experience is in delivering projects that do just that, so I’m looking forward to helping the agency take the next step and move to the bigger international stage."
Duncan will also retain his involvement with Alternative Genius, a company for elite creative professionals to share their ideas. He said it is a "tremendously agile creative experimentation community that will add value in my new role".Follow @LouiseRidley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Manager Stopgap £32000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Email Marketing Executive Guru Careers Competitive (DOE), Based in London (EC3)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account