Connect hires Alastair Duncan to open London office
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 08:31AM
Alastair Duncan, co-founder of Jaguar's global in-house agency Spark44 and former chief executive of MRM Worldwide, has been hired by Midlands-based Connect Advertising and Marketing to establish a London office.
Duncan, as managing director, will build Connect's London office in Clerkenwell, East London.
Connect, whose clients include Bentley and Bugatti, Birmingham Airport, Chiltern Railways and Tarmac, hopes Duncan will draw on his expertise in founding new agencies and innovating with digital media to widen the agency's reach and build its presence in the Capital.
In his most recent role at Spark44 he led the in-house agency as managing director and repositioned Jaguar as the "Alive' car brand.
Previous to founding Spark44, Duncan was chief executive of McCann’s network agency MRM Worldwide between 2005 and 2009. Duncan also founded the digital arm of Ammirati Puris Lintas and also Interpublic-backed Zentropy Partners.
His other digital innovations include launching interactive TV with the BBC in 1993, creating the first online car configurator for the Mini brand in 1997 and the first internet banking service for NatWest in 2003.
Duncan said: "Connect is growing at a rapid rate and has a strong heartland of combining creativity with technology to deliver exceptional results.
"My personal experience is in delivering projects that do just that, so I’m looking forward to helping the agency take the next step and move to the bigger international stage."
Duncan will also retain his involvement with Alternative Genius, a company for elite creative professionals to share their ideas. He said it is a "tremendously agile creative experimentation community that will add value in my new role".Follow @LouiseRidley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline