H&M signs Beyoncé for beachwear TV campaign
H&M will run a summer campaign starring Beyoncé in swim and beachwear as it increases the pace of the expansion of its store estate.
The retailer will kick off the drive with print and outdoor ads featuring a 'Beyoncé as Mrs Carter in H&M' strapline that references her sell-out Mrs Carter Show World tour, which launches on 15 April.
Television activity shot in the Bahamas will feature a new track by Beyoncé called 'Standing on the Sun', with creative aiming to push the idea that women can be "strong, vulnerable, sensual, maternal, fun and flirtatious".
Donald Schneider, creative director at H&M, described the upcoming campaign as an "epic fantasy, with glamour, drama and also a sense of paradise".
An extended version of the TV execution will be hosted online as part of the brand’s strategy of running high-profile digital activity featuring celebrity ambassadors.
In February, the retailer allowed brand ambassador David Beckham to take over its Twitter feed for the day in order to answer questions from fans.
The clothing featured in the Beyoncé ad will launch in-store in May and will help propel the launch of the rapid rollout of new stores.
H&M revealed yesterday that the expansion plan for new stores in the 2013 financial year had been increased to 350 new stores, up from the 325 previously planned.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff