Nissan ties with YouTube for motorsport partnership
Nissan and YouTube have teamed up to launch Nismo.TV, a global channel that promotes the Japanese car manufacturer's motorsport activity.
Nismo.TV launches next month. It will feature behind-the-scenes content and footage of Nissan's "Nismo Athletes" – PlayStation gamers from its GT Academy who have become real racing drivers, proving it is possible go "from PS3 to podium".
YouTube branding will appear on Nissan's GT-R Nismo GT3 racing cars when they compete at events.
Nissan’s director of global motorsport, Darren Cox, said: "By launching Nismo.TV on YouTube we're creating a new template for leveraging motorsport content and taking it beyond the purist, on a truly global level.
"Innovation is what Nissan does best and with YouTube we can go out there and break the rules when it comes to engaging with our audience – the current and future motorsport fans."
Julie Kikla, strategic partner development manager, YouTube Sports, said: "We're delighted to welcome Nismo.TV on to the YouTube platform. Working in the content space with Nissan creates an exciting new dimension to our existing motorsport content offering which is fast becoming a valuable genre."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager | Social | £27-33K | London Dynamic New Alliances £27000.00 - £33000.00 per annum + Excellent Package , City of London
- Account Director | £45,000 | Digital & Social Dynamic New Alliances £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Global Account Manager | £29,000 Dynamic New Alliances £26000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Benefits , City of London
- Account Manager | ATL | £28,000 Dynamic New Alliances £26000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push