TBWA\Manchester scoops £11m Smyths Toys account
Smyths Toys, the high-street retailer, has appointed TBWA\Manchester to handle its £11m ad account.
The agency won the business following a competitive pitch. It will be responsible for raising awareness of the brand in the UK with a campaign due to launch later this year.
In the past Smyths Toys has worked with a number of agencies, including Underdog.
The retailer has 61 stores across the UK and Ireland and was established in 1987. The firm is Ireland’s biggest toy retailer.
Tony Smyth, the owner of Smyths Toys, said: "Following a hugely successful year for Smyths in 2012, we wanted to bring an agency on board to create a new and compelling brand idea to propel Smyths into our next phase of growth.
"We were greatly impressed by TBWA\Manchester’s insightful approach and enthusiasm for our brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad