TBWA\Manchester scoops £11m Smyths Toys account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 April 2013 12:17PM
Smyths Toys, the high-street retailer, has appointed TBWA\Manchester to handle its £11m ad account.
The agency won the business following a competitive pitch. It will be responsible for raising awareness of the brand in the UK with a campaign due to launch later this year.
In the past Smyths Toys has worked with a number of agencies, including Underdog.
The retailer has 61 stores across the UK and Ireland and was established in 1987. The firm is Ireland’s biggest toy retailer.
Tony Smyth, the owner of Smyths Toys, said: "Following a hugely successful year for Smyths in 2012, we wanted to bring an agency on board to create a new and compelling brand idea to propel Smyths into our next phase of growth.
"We were greatly impressed by TBWA\Manchester’s insightful approach and enthusiasm for our brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Executive - London - £20k Fill Recruitment £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Freelance DM Project Manager Purple Consultancy £36000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Business Director/Managing Partner Purple Consultancy £80000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer AF Selection £18,000 - £26,000, Derbyshire
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building