TBWA\Manchester scoops £11m Smyths Toys account
Smyths Toys, the high-street retailer, has appointed TBWA\Manchester to handle its £11m ad account.
The agency won the business following a competitive pitch. It will be responsible for raising awareness of the brand in the UK with a campaign due to launch later this year.
In the past Smyths Toys has worked with a number of agencies, including Underdog.
The retailer has 61 stores across the UK and Ireland and was established in 1987. The firm is Ireland’s biggest toy retailer.
Tony Smyth, the owner of Smyths Toys, said: "Following a hugely successful year for Smyths in 2012, we wanted to bring an agency on board to create a new and compelling brand idea to propel Smyths into our next phase of growth.
"We were greatly impressed by TBWA\Manchester’s insightful approach and enthusiasm for our brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel