Jamie's Italian hires Karmarama as first ad agency
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 May 2013 09:54AM
Jamie's Italian, the Jamie Oliver restaurant group, has hired Karmarama as its first advertising agency, after a three-way pitch against Antidote and CheethamBell JWT.
Oystercatchers handled the pitch. Karmarama will now carry out brand, digital and CRM work for the chain, which has 32 restaurants around the UK.
Karmarama’s first work will appear this autumn and is likely to run across print, outdoor, radio and digital, as well as CRM.
As part of the pitch, each agency partnered with one of the Italian restaurants, with staff spending time working there and taking cooking lessons with Gennaro Contaldo, who co-founded the chain with Oliver in 2008.
Louise Ludlam, the head of communication and culture at Jamie’s Italian, said: "From the first meeting, Karmarama felt less like an agency, more like a very creative part of the Jamie’s Italian family."
Jamie’s Italian is positioned as an "authentic, affordable Italian restaurant" and a rival to Carluccio’s, founded by chef Antonio Carluccio.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner/buyer- TOP media agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show