Jamie's Italian hires Karmarama as first ad agency
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 May 2013 09:54AM
Jamie's Italian, the Jamie Oliver restaurant group, has hired Karmarama as its first advertising agency, after a three-way pitch against Antidote and CheethamBell JWT.
Oystercatchers handled the pitch. Karmarama will now carry out brand, digital and CRM work for the chain, which has 32 restaurants around the UK.
Karmarama’s first work will appear this autumn and is likely to run across print, outdoor, radio and digital, as well as CRM.
As part of the pitch, each agency partnered with one of the Italian restaurants, with staff spending time working there and taking cooking lessons with Gennaro Contaldo, who co-founded the chain with Oliver in 2008.
Louise Ludlam, the head of communication and culture at Jamie’s Italian, said: "From the first meeting, Karmarama felt less like an agency, more like a very creative part of the Jamie’s Italian family."
Jamie’s Italian is positioned as an "authentic, affordable Italian restaurant" and a rival to Carluccio’s, founded by chef Antonio Carluccio.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Web Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £33000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: + Excellent Benefits , Greater Manchester
- Email Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014