Jamie's Italian hires Karmarama as first ad agency
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 May 2013 09:54AM
Jamie's Italian, the Jamie Oliver restaurant group, has hired Karmarama as its first advertising agency, after a three-way pitch against Antidote and CheethamBell JWT.
Oystercatchers handled the pitch. Karmarama will now carry out brand, digital and CRM work for the chain, which has 32 restaurants around the UK.
Karmarama’s first work will appear this autumn and is likely to run across print, outdoor, radio and digital, as well as CRM.
As part of the pitch, each agency partnered with one of the Italian restaurants, with staff spending time working there and taking cooking lessons with Gennaro Contaldo, who co-founded the chain with Oliver in 2008.
Louise Ludlam, the head of communication and culture at Jamie’s Italian, said: "From the first meeting, Karmarama felt less like an agency, more like a very creative part of the Jamie’s Italian family."
Jamie’s Italian is positioned as an "authentic, affordable Italian restaurant" and a rival to Carluccio’s, founded by chef Antonio Carluccio.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE / CONTRACT Royds Raphael £170 - £200 day rate / c£38k-£42k pro rata, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000.00 - £22000.00 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts