Jamie's Italian hires Karmarama as first ad agency
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 May 2013 09:54AM
Jamie's Italian, the Jamie Oliver restaurant group, has hired Karmarama as its first advertising agency, after a three-way pitch against Antidote and CheethamBell JWT.
Oystercatchers handled the pitch. Karmarama will now carry out brand, digital and CRM work for the chain, which has 32 restaurants around the UK.
Karmarama’s first work will appear this autumn and is likely to run across print, outdoor, radio and digital, as well as CRM.
As part of the pitch, each agency partnered with one of the Italian restaurants, with staff spending time working there and taking cooking lessons with Gennaro Contaldo, who co-founded the chain with Oliver in 2008.
Louise Ludlam, the head of communication and culture at Jamie’s Italian, said: "From the first meeting, Karmarama felt less like an agency, more like a very creative part of the Jamie’s Italian family."
Jamie’s Italian is positioned as an "authentic, affordable Italian restaurant" and a rival to Carluccio’s, founded by chef Antonio Carluccio.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers