Hypernaked lands global Virgin Atlantic account
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 24 June 2013 10:56AM
Virgin Atlantic has appointed Hypernaked and Naked as its global digital and consumer eCRM partner, following a competitive four-way pitch and a final shoot-out against Rapp.
The account, previously held by Gyro, will span 13 international markets and covers Virgin's loyalty programme, Flying Club. The work will also involve digital content creation, DM and social media.
In the four-month long pitching process, overseen by Creativebrief, Hypernaked, which already handles oversees trade marketing for Virgin Atlantic, competed against Being/TBWA, Engine and Rapp.
Virgin Atlantic said the appointment consolidated its consumer, trade and corporate activity to ensure customers were put at the heart of Virgin's business and to enable fully integrated campaigns.
Hypernaked won the pitch as part of Virgin Atlantic's global digital and direct marketing review, and the account will be led by Hypernaked in the UK and Naked in the US.
Michelle Robinson, the global strategic marketing communications manager for Virgin Atlantic, said: "Hypernaked showed great innovation and creativity in their approach, filling me with confidence that they are the right partner to move our communication strategy forward into an exciting next phase."
She added that the brand was looking for an international agency that could deliver a consistent brand message to its customers across different markets and channels, and said Hypernaked demonstrated this.
Ian Clark, the chief executive of Hypernaked, said: "Virgin Atlantic has a reputation as a challenger in both culture and approach. Its maverick nature and desire to drive the brand to try new and innovative marketing techniques, mirrors our thinking at Hypernaked.
"In modern communications, CRM is not longer a one-way conversation with the customer, but an immersive on-going dialogue involving social and digital channels. We are particularly well placed to deliver this for Virgin."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push