Beiersdorf on pan-Euro hunt for digital agency
Beiersdorf, the owner of Nivea, is looking for a digital agency to work across Northern Europe, after restructuring its business in the region last year.
The appointed agency will work with the skincare brands Nivea, Nivea Men and Eucerin as well as Elastoplast in the UK, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Holland and Sweden
The UK incumbents, Agency Republic, which works with the female Nivea brand, and CMW, which works on projects for Nivea Men, have been invited to repitch.
Beiersdorf appointed MEC as its media agency across the region in October 2012. DraftFCB’s position as the company’s creative agency is not affected by the review although one source suggested it could pick up some digital work.
A spokeswoman for Beiersdorf said: "We have enjoyed a successful relationship with our existing agencies but are now looking for the right agency partner to take us to the next level of digital activation."
The spokeswoman said Nivea’s recent multiplatform campaign, "dare to dip", which tackled women’s fear about getting into their bikini, is an example of Beiersdorf’s pan-regional approach to marketing.
"Dare to dip" included a huge glass tank being taken from London's Covent Garden across Denmark and Sweden. As part of the campaign Nivea will also be hosting a pool party at a UK town or city based on Facebook votes.
Spokespeople for CMW and Agency Republic declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Head of Sales & Marketing Nu Creative Talent negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- The role of private equity in adland
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Omnicom dispute to drive down Channel 5 prices in H2