Beiersdorf on pan-Euro hunt for digital agency
Beiersdorf, the owner of Nivea, is looking for a digital agency to work across Northern Europe, after restructuring its business in the region last year.
The appointed agency will work with the skincare brands Nivea, Nivea Men and Eucerin as well as Elastoplast in the UK, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Holland and Sweden
The UK incumbents, Agency Republic, which works with the female Nivea brand, and CMW, which works on projects for Nivea Men, have been invited to repitch.
Beiersdorf appointed MEC as its media agency across the region in October 2012. DraftFCB’s position as the company’s creative agency is not affected by the review although one source suggested it could pick up some digital work.
A spokeswoman for Beiersdorf said: "We have enjoyed a successful relationship with our existing agencies but are now looking for the right agency partner to take us to the next level of digital activation."
The spokeswoman said Nivea’s recent multiplatform campaign, "dare to dip", which tackled women’s fear about getting into their bikini, is an example of Beiersdorf’s pan-regional approach to marketing.
"Dare to dip" included a huge glass tank being taken from London's Covent Garden across Denmark and Sweden. As part of the campaign Nivea will also be hosting a pool party at a UK town or city based on Facebook votes.
Spokespeople for CMW and Agency Republic declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum + benefits , Rayleigh
- Lively Account Executives/Marketing Executives Needed for Contract & Perm Roles Barker Graves £140 per day or £22 - £24k pro-rata, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned