Havas Worldwide London wins pan-European Birds Eye Iglo account
Havas Worldwide London has won the pan-European advertising account for the frozen food brand Birds Eye Iglo after a competitive pitch.
The agency beat DDB to win the business in a final head-to-head pitch. The incumbents, BBDO and McCann, who shared the European business, were knocked out at an earlier stage.
In the UK, the business was handled by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which introduced the brand mascot Clarence the talking polar bear in 2010. It is understood that Birds Eye Iglo now wants to resurrect the Captain Birds Eye character.
The pitch was called earlier this year following the departure of Birds Eye Iglo chief executive Martin Glenn. No one at Havas Worldwide London would comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Planner Dot-Gap Competitive, London (Greater)
- Affiliate Account Manager Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Operations Executive Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne