Havas Worldwide London wins pan-European Birds Eye Iglo account
Havas Worldwide London has won the pan-European advertising account for the frozen food brand Birds Eye Iglo after a competitive pitch.
The agency beat DDB to win the business in a final head-to-head pitch. The incumbents, BBDO and McCann, who shared the European business, were knocked out at an earlier stage.
In the UK, the business was handled by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which introduced the brand mascot Clarence the talking polar bear in 2010. It is understood that Birds Eye Iglo now wants to resurrect the Captain Birds Eye character.
The pitch was called earlier this year following the departure of Birds Eye Iglo chief executive Martin Glenn. No one at Havas Worldwide London would comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- PR Account Manager- Wine and Spirits Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Marketing Procurement Manager Sky benefits, Isleworth
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager Major Players £180 - £200 per day, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool