Anchor to highlight its 125-year heritage in latest TV ad
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 April 2010 12:43PM
LONDON - Anchor Butter is set to launch a £10m TV advertising campaign designed to underline the brand's credentials as Britain's oldest butter spread.
The TV ad, created by CHI & Partners, features cows working in the Anchor dairy and will use the tagline 'Made by cows since 1886’.
The tongue-in-cheek spot, which launches in mid-May, shows Anchor Butter cows making butter in the dairy.
The hard-working Fresians clock on in the morning, queue at grass-dispensing vending machines during break-times and pack up the delivery lorry at the end of the day.
The brand has positioned itself as the 'Freerange Butter Company' in previous campaigns by CHI & Partners.
Country Life launched a campaign fronted by former Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon, which attacked Anchor for not being British, in May last year. The campaign, which was by Grey London, had the strapline: "Anchor's from New Zealand."
A spokeswoman for Anchor stated that the brand was founded in 1886 and created by a Cornish dairyman, Henry Reynolds, who emigrated to New Zealand and then exported Anchor butter back to the UK.
The new Anchor TV ad will also be broadcast in cinemas in June targeting women aged 35 to 54, with the aim of capitalising on the increased attendance of females during the World Cup.
Arla Foods called a review of its media planning and buying across Europe earlier this month, inviting agencies to compete with incumbent Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director, maternity contract - high end creative for fashion, retail, luxury Story Recruitment £45-50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood