Anchor to highlight its 125-year heritage in latest TV ad
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 April 2010 12:43PM
LONDON - Anchor Butter is set to launch a £10m TV advertising campaign designed to underline the brand's credentials as Britain's oldest butter spread.
The TV ad, created by CHI & Partners, features cows working in the Anchor dairy and will use the tagline 'Made by cows since 1886’.
The tongue-in-cheek spot, which launches in mid-May, shows Anchor Butter cows making butter in the dairy.
The hard-working Fresians clock on in the morning, queue at grass-dispensing vending machines during break-times and pack up the delivery lorry at the end of the day.
The brand has positioned itself as the 'Freerange Butter Company' in previous campaigns by CHI & Partners.
Country Life launched a campaign fronted by former Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon, which attacked Anchor for not being British, in May last year. The campaign, which was by Grey London, had the strapline: "Anchor's from New Zealand."
A spokeswoman for Anchor stated that the brand was founded in 1886 and created by a Cornish dairyman, Henry Reynolds, who emigrated to New Zealand and then exported Anchor butter back to the UK.
The new Anchor TV ad will also be broadcast in cinemas in June targeting women aged 35 to 54, with the aim of capitalising on the increased attendance of females during the World Cup.
Arla Foods called a review of its media planning and buying across Europe earlier this month, inviting agencies to compete with incumbent Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Video Advertising Strategist Ultimate Asset £40000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Sports Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Graphic Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film