AMD seeks ad agency for £35m EMEA brief
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 October 2010 11:30AM
Advanced Micro Devices, the world's second-largest microchip manufacturer after Intel, is reviewing its estimated £35 million EMEA integrated account.
The review comes as AMD looks to compete in the tablet market, with Intel already pushing into this area. AMD has issued an RFI to agencies asking for submissions to become "lead marketing agency" across the EMEA region.
AMD has worked with a number of agencies recently including My Agency and Mason Zimbler.
This followed a decision to review its global ad arrangements in 2005 after the incumbent, McCann Erickson Worldwide, won Intel's £160 million global account.
In 2005, AMD also appointed Enterprise IG as its global brand agency to help implement global brand management and consultancy services across AMD's territories, including the UK.
Since then, the company has shied away from big brand advertising, unlike its rival Intel, preferring to communicate with business customers using its "Vision" strategy to create a better experience for customers. It also opts for personal interaction using social media.
AMD was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey