The technology will allow brands to deliver contextual messages through their own apps to commuters.
Havas Media has won the £16 million media planning and buying business for interactive entertainment firm Ubisoft, previously handled by Maxus.
Fifteen per cent of Brits online are using ad blockers because they find the spots "interruptive or annoying," according to a report by YouGov.
Oasis, the Coca-Cola owned juice brand, has launched a humorous campaign in an attempt to connect with a new generation of consumers.
The Independent has halved its trading loss in its last financial year, attributed to increased revenues generated by its digital operation and offshoot i, and cost-savings in production.
The Campaign Big Awards has extended its deadline for entries to Wednesday 8 July due to popular demand.
R/GA New York has won Agency of the Year at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity, the first time a digital shop has taken the accolade.
WPP has been named the Holding Company of the Year at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity for the fifth consecutive year.
Campaign once again took over the Carlton Beach in Cannes for its annual party.
A charity prank by Arnold Schwarzenegger, in which he walks around Hollywood and poses for pictures dressed as the Terminator, has raced to the top of the chart this week.
The Daily Mail is expanding its brand into mainstream broadcasting with DailyMailTV, a daily TV series produced by Dr Phil McGraw and Jay McGraw's Stage 29 Productions.
Professor Brian Cox has waded into the debate about whether the use of data can enhance creativity in advertising by insisting "data is never bad... it's never restrictive".
Saatchi & Saatchi London has created a bright and provocative series of digital animations and print posters to celebrate the launch of Campaign's global issue.
Twitter looks set to embrace the power and reach of television advertising in its first UK specific marketing activity scheduled to launch later this year.
Yannick Bolloré, the chairman and chief executive of Havas, has told Cannes he feels more pain when losing a client than joy when winning new business.
Agencies in the UK picked up seven Media Lions awards in Cannes tonight, led by MediaCom winning one Silver Lion and two Bronze Lions.
Verizon, the US technology giant, has successfully completed its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL less than seven weeks after the deal was announced.
Grey London has walked away with the Grand Prix in the Promotion and Activation category at this year's Cannes festival for its "life paint" work for Volvo.
The launch of Apple radio will be good competition for the industry, according to Ben Cooper, the BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 1Xtra controller.
WPP's Sir Martin Sorrell has today launched a digital content agency called Truffle Pig as a part of a tripartite with the Daily Mail and SnapChat, describing it as "a new way and new approach" to generating revenue.
After years of coming up with ideas for running the perfect supermarket, choosing flatmates and even finding the ideal girlfriend, Carlsberg are at it again, with haircuts as the focus of their new TV spot.
- Head Of Communications - PR and Digital Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Retail Advertising Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., South East England
- CONTENT QA - GERMAN SPEAKING Live Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- WEBSITE ASSISTANT - ARABIC SPEAKING Live Recruitment £14000 - £16500 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- MIDDLEWEIGHT 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'