Dare breakaway duo launch Mr President
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 08:00AM
The former Dare executives Claire Hynes and Nick Emmel are teaming up to launch an agency called Mr President, which is backed by Dare's holding company.
Mr President is positioned as a digital strategic consultancy that also offers creative execution. Vision7 International, which owns Dare’s parent, EDC, has a minority stake in the business.
The agency’s founding client is Bacardi Limited, for which it will work on a project for Martini, and it will also handle briefs from Axa and Localgiving.com.
Hynes, previously the joint managing director at Dare, and Emmel, its former executive planning director, have launched the Soho-based shop after almost a year’s preparation.
Mr President is positioned as "a small, nimble team" of creatives, strategists and digital experts. Its founders said it is named Mr President because "we have small-agency syndrome, so we named ourselves after someone big. It makes us feel better."
Hynes worked at Dare for eight years before leaving in December last year. She previously held positions at the digital company Oyster Partners before it merged with LBi. She has also worked at AKQA.
Before working at Dare for six years, Emmel was an account manager at TMW and 141 Worldwide.Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show