Special K launches Tweet Shop campaign for new crisps range
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 25 September 2012 12:41PM
Special K is running the "world's first tweet shop" social media campaign to push its entry into the crisps market.
Visitors to the Soho pop-up shop will be able to pay for a packet of Special K Cracker Crisps by tweeting a message about the snack.
The shop is staffed by a number of Special K shop assistants in red dresses who will check each customer's tweet before giving them a pack of crisps.
Slice created the campaign that launches today (25 September) and will run until Friday.
The Tweet Shop marks the first venture into the retail space through a dedicated physical space for Kellogg's, the owner of the Special K brand.
Sarah Case, brand manager for Special K, said the decision to swap real money for "social currency" in the campaign was made because "the value of positive endorsements on social media sites is beyond compare".
The Tweet Shop is lined with hundreds of packs of crisps, a "try before you buy" snack area and a community notice board that showcases the social media reaction.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency Silverdrum up to £48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car Allowance, South East England
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad