Special K launches Tweet Shop campaign for new crisps range
Special K is running the "world's first tweet shop" social media campaign to push its entry into the crisps market.
Visitors to the Soho pop-up shop will be able to pay for a packet of Special K Cracker Crisps by tweeting a message about the snack.
The shop is staffed by a number of Special K shop assistants in red dresses who will check each customer's tweet before giving them a pack of crisps.
Slice created the campaign that launches today (25 September) and will run until Friday.
The Tweet Shop marks the first venture into the retail space through a dedicated physical space for Kellogg's, the owner of the Special K brand.
Sarah Case, brand manager for Special K, said the decision to swap real money for "social currency" in the campaign was made because "the value of positive endorsements on social media sites is beyond compare".
The Tweet Shop is lined with hundreds of packs of crisps, a "try before you buy" snack area and a community notice board that showcases the social media reaction.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Executive/Junior Account Executive fishtank £17000 - £22000 per annum, Surrey
- PR Account Director, B2B, German Speaking, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Business Development Director Tomorrow Recruitment £60k - £65k, East London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £38000 - £48000 per annum + Superb Central London Benefits, City of London