Special K launches Tweet Shop campaign for new crisps range
Special K is running the "world's first tweet shop" social media campaign to push its entry into the crisps market.
Visitors to the Soho pop-up shop will be able to pay for a packet of Special K Cracker Crisps by tweeting a message about the snack.
The shop is staffed by a number of Special K shop assistants in red dresses who will check each customer's tweet before giving them a pack of crisps.
Slice created the campaign that launches today (25 September) and will run until Friday.
The Tweet Shop marks the first venture into the retail space through a dedicated physical space for Kellogg's, the owner of the Special K brand.
Sarah Case, brand manager for Special K, said the decision to swap real money for "social currency" in the campaign was made because "the value of positive endorsements on social media sites is beyond compare".
The Tweet Shop is lined with hundreds of packs of crisps, a "try before you buy" snack area and a community notice board that showcases the social media reaction.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Mobile - top agency - to £70k Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + + agency bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Designer Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing & Business Development Manager, £38k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Retail Designer Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Vodafone to create play from tweets
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win