Special K launches Tweet Shop campaign for new crisps range
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 25 September 2012 12:41PM
Special K is running the "world's first tweet shop" social media campaign to push its entry into the crisps market.
Visitors to the Soho pop-up shop will be able to pay for a packet of Special K Cracker Crisps by tweeting a message about the snack.
The shop is staffed by a number of Special K shop assistants in red dresses who will check each customer's tweet before giving them a pack of crisps.
Slice created the campaign that launches today (25 September) and will run until Friday.
The Tweet Shop marks the first venture into the retail space through a dedicated physical space for Kellogg's, the owner of the Special K brand.
Sarah Case, brand manager for Special K, said the decision to swap real money for "social currency" in the campaign was made because "the value of positive endorsements on social media sites is beyond compare".
The Tweet Shop is lined with hundreds of packs of crisps, a "try before you buy" snack area and a community notice board that showcases the social media reaction.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £29000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- B2B Marketing Manager - Award-winning Publishing / Content Reuben Sinclair £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Head of Brand Communications Stopgap £50000 - £57000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions