Xbox takes over Liechtenstein for Halo 4 launch
Xbox has replicated the universe from its 'Halo 4' game by transforming major Liechtenstein landmarks including the 13th century Gutenberg Castle and a working mine.
Halo fans from 16 different countries including the UK were given the chance to take part in a theatrical experience when they travelled to a Halo 'war zone', complete with pyrotechnic explosions and cinematic sound effects and sets.
The experience included 15 actors taking guests on a two-hour adventure that saw them decode a series of clues to fight off the threat of an attack.
Content from the experience will be seeded on social media channels including Facebook and YouTube. PR agency JCPR co-ordinated the journalists invited to the event.
Chris Lewis, vice-president of Microsoft EMEA's interactive entertainment business, said: "From the world's first-ever red-carpet premieres for a video game, to sending a man strapped to a jet-pack 50-foot above London's iconic skyline, 'Halo' launches have continually broken the mould and we are back with a colossal bang for 'Halo 4', transforming a country on the biggest scale imaginable.
Microsoft has already launched a trailer for the game, which was produced by film director David Fincher, the director of 'Fight Club', ahead of its launch on 6 November.
The 'Halo' franchise has sold 46 million copies worldwide since launch in 2001, with Microsoft estimating the franchise is worth $3bn (£1.9bn).Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Halo symbol flown over London for game launch
- Microsoft creates giant slide to promote 'fast and fun' Windows 8
- Nike launches Kinect-based fitness programme
- Xbox to screen users' Facebook details in live Halo 4 ad
- Xbox to run gaming industry's first live TV ads
- The Halo effect: can a top videogame sell without its protagonist?
- Senior Account Director Source £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Senior Account Director Source £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Source £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Shopper Marketing and Sales Promotion Account Handlers Source £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager-Advertising Source £33000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
Pinterest takes big step towards working with major brands
It marks Pinterest’s first step towards associating images directly with brands and could be the beginning of a change on the social network that sees it become a marketplace as well as a site where people pin ideas of things they like or that inspire them.