Doritos creates spoof cover of 'Stay Another Day' by East 17
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 10 December 2012 12:04PM
Doritos has added a Mexican twist to East 17's Christmas hit 'Stay Another Day' with a cover that features a cameo from original band member Tony Mortimer.
The brand’s mariachi band have swapped "sunshine and sombreros for snowflakes and puffa jackets" in order to recreate the style of the original track’s music video.
Abbott Mead Vickers/BBDO created the re-mastered music video that later switches to the upbeat style of Doritos’ ‘For fun…add a little Mexican’ campaign, which sees the Mariachi Doritos brand play covers of hit music at parties.
The campaign, which launched in the summer, has already seen the band do covers of ‘Don’t You Want Me’ by Human League and ‘Love Machine’ by Girls Aloud.
Doritos’ spoof cover of the East 17 track will be hosted on its Facebook and YouTube pages.
The track will also be available as a downloadable single from Monday 17 December on iTunes with all profits going to Crisis, the national charity for single homeless people.
Olly Williams directed the video, while OMD is handling media planning and buying for the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Director Aspire £70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- CREATIVE STRATEGIST - COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End