Google+ reunites Wallace and Gromit stars for Christmas ad
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 18 December 2012 09:37AM
Google is reuniting the characters from the 'Wallace and Gromit' films for a festive video aimed at highlighting how Google+ can bring together family and friends.
Aardman Animations, the creators of Wallace and Gromit, has made the ad that stars the eponymous characters alongside Trixie and Captain Cuddlepuss from 'Creature Comforts' and Shaun the Sheep and Ginger from 'Chicken Run'.
Creative shows the characters using a Google+ Hangout, which supports a multi-person video chat with up to 10 screens, to open their presents together.
The YouTube video ends with the strapline, "Get the family together, wherever they are", and prompts people to invite their families to use the service.
Google has created a website to host the ad, which is designed to be a personalised video information that can be sent to friends and family. familyhangouts.withgoogle.com
Adam & Eve/DDB was behind the concept for the video, while Rehabstudio created the website. Essence is handling the media planning and buying for the campaign in the UK, US, Germany and France.
Google has also created a Holiday Effects app to run alongside the Hangout service, which allows people to put on a Santa hat, reindeer antlers or Wallace’s tank top.
Merlin Crossingham, creative director for Wallace and Gromit, said: "Seeing all of the Aardman characters coming together for the first time is something we are sure our fans the world over will absolutely love."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing & PR Stopgap £80000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Marketing Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Weetabix. Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £30,000 , Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44