Diary: ITV men's misery lunch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 June 2010 12:00AM
News of Fru Hazlitt's appointment as the commercial chief at ITV coincided with 50th birthday celebrations for Gary Digby, its group commercial sales director, who will soon report to Hazlitt.
However, onlookers at the Ivy Club suggest that the mood among Digby's party - he was joined for lunch by his outgoing boss Rupert Howell, the marketing director, David Pemsel, and senior sales colleague Andy Bagnall - was less than upbeat. While Howell will be contemplating his next move, the remaining trio will be left to wonder what life at ITV will be like with the enthusiastic Hazlitt on board. "There weren't many balloons in evidence," an observer at another table said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne