ECDs lacking creativity
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 September 2011 08:00AM
It's London Fashion Week this week, so a good time to make our current crop of male senior creatives do us all a favour and put some clothes on.
Fashionable clothes, that is. Otherwise, can they explain just how their current uniform of bland shirt, nondescript sweatshirt or "blend into the background" suit is going to inspire the next generation of creatives? Nick Gill, Jeremy Craigen, Paul Silburn et al look like they would be more at home in a bank holiday queue at Wickes than pioneering creativity around the world. Diary's advice to young adlanders is to look to the old guard, including the famously natty dressers Sir John Hegarty and Robin Wight, for wardrobe inspiration.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers