ECDs lacking creativity
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 September 2011 08:00AM
It's London Fashion Week this week, so a good time to make our current crop of male senior creatives do us all a favour and put some clothes on.
Fashionable clothes, that is. Otherwise, can they explain just how their current uniform of bland shirt, nondescript sweatshirt or "blend into the background" suit is going to inspire the next generation of creatives? Nick Gill, Jeremy Craigen, Paul Silburn et al look like they would be more at home in a bank holiday queue at Wickes than pioneering creativity around the world. Diary's advice to young adlanders is to look to the old guard, including the famously natty dressers Sir John Hegarty and Robin Wight, for wardrobe inspiration.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PPC Manager Major Players £35000 - £38000 per annum + brilliant benefits, London
- Regional Business Development Manager (3-6 months) EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment Negotiable, Nottingham
- Multiplatform Sales Manager - Exciting Premium Publisher! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Commission, City of London
- IR Specialist / Senior Specialist - Japanese Speaker EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'