ECDs lacking creativity
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 September 2011 08:00AM
It's London Fashion Week this week, so a good time to make our current crop of male senior creatives do us all a favour and put some clothes on.
Fashionable clothes, that is. Otherwise, can they explain just how their current uniform of bland shirt, nondescript sweatshirt or "blend into the background" suit is going to inspire the next generation of creatives? Nick Gill, Jeremy Craigen, Paul Silburn et al look like they would be more at home in a bank holiday queue at Wickes than pioneering creativity around the world. Diary's advice to young adlanders is to look to the old guard, including the famously natty dressers Sir John Hegarty and Robin Wight, for wardrobe inspiration.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business