Voluntary Sector: The Week in Charities
PR Week UK, Friday, 02 December 2011 12:00AM
CLIC Sargent, the cancer charity for children and young people, has appointed Paul Twocock as head of media and PR. The former head of media and public affairs at WRVS reports to director of comms and campaigning Liz North.
PLAN UK has launched an interactive video app on Facebook. 'Plan Your Story' absorbs Facebook users' key information to create a personalised video storybook that drives people to find out more. The tale centres on what life would be like if people had not been registered for a birth certificate. Plan teamed up with award-winning social media agency Neoco.
Media Trust's Community Channel hosted an event at the capital's City Hall on 18 November to mark the success of its London 360 TV and online magazine series. Celebrities in attendance included DJ Trevor Nelson and actor Adam Deacon. The series is produced by 16- to 25-year-olds.
Amnesty International has stated that the South African parliament's approval of a 'draconian' secrecy bill, which could see whistleblowers and journalists jailed for investigating state wrongdoing, is a worrying development. Activists across the country have staged protests condemning the bill.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London