We'll Call You: Transport for London
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 March 2012 08:30AM
The Olympics will have a big impact on London's roads, not least due to dedicated Games Lanes and other restrictions. What will it mean for Mole's commute?
TfL Hello, can I help you?
Mktg Yes, I have concerns about the road network during the Olympics. I hear some of the roads will be shut down and am worried about getting to work. Should I be concerned?
TfL Can I stop you there? I need to refer you to someone else. Yes, you need to speak to another department within Transport for London. You need to speak to London Street, they are overseeing all the road closures. (Call-handler gives the number, but then, on request, transfers the call to the department in question.)
Mktg Oh, hi there. I have been told that specific road lanes are to be closed to the public during the Olympics. Is that true?
TfL Yes, that is true. There will be specific lanes for the Olympic 'family', which will include the Olympic athletes, media and VIP guests. But this has all been well-documented.
Mktg I can't understand the reason for this. Why do the athletes need special lanes? Surely all the athletes are located in the Athletes' Village?
TfL Well, you are right, most of them are. But some of the events are outside of the Village, so obviously the athletes need to get around.
Mktg I am particularly worried about getting to work. I live in London Bridge and work in Hammersmith. I've been told that around London Bridge is going to be one of the worst areas for traffic congestion. Is that true?
TfL Well, all central London is likely to be very busy, including London Bridge.
Mktg Will I be better off getting the Tube to work instead of car?
TfL Yes, if you live in central London, I would advise getting the Tube as it is likely to be easier. One other thing worth mentioning is that on our website there will be estimated times it will take between destinations during the Olympics, so that is worth a look.
Mktg Are there likely to be further restrictions announced by TfL before and during the Olympics?
TfL No. The two main changes, as mentioned before, are the dedicated lanes for the Olympic athletes and the restrictions on some right turns.
Both call-handlers were excellent, very informative, knowledgable and able to answer all my questions. They were up to speed on all the latest announcements, and offered suggestions for a variety of transport options during the Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Transport for London unveils Penguin series to mark 150th anniversary
- We'll Call You - The Co-operative Food
- We'll Call You - Digital UK
- We'll Call You - EDF Energy
- Barclays and Emirates TfL sponsorship deals under fire
- TfL's Chris Macleod on marketing's battle against Olympic gridlock
- VIDEO: TfL is 'well prepared' for Olympics says Chris Macleod
- TfL launches 'Get Ahead Of The Games' ads
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
- Business Director PFJ £60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits, Leicestershire
- Groovy & Grails Developer - £35k - Central London Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + travel perks :), London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
Twitter gives brands lead generation with new cards
It is a significant move that brings the ability for Twitter users to easily leave their contact details within expanded tweets, called the Lead Generation Card, to express interest in what a brand is offering.