Brand Manager of the Week: Cristina Astorri
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 April 2012 08:00AM
Marketing manager, LivingSocial
Describe yourself in three words.
Energetic, passionate, enthusiastic.
What attracted you to your current job?
The entrepreneurial nature of the business and the fantastic energy at LivingSocial.
What was your first job?
I started out as a TV journalist in Italy.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
I would be Illy coffee, a brand synonymous with quality and enjoyment.
What is your favourite ever marketing campaign?
My favourite campaign at the moment is Lynx 'Angels will fall', a fantastic example of an integrated campaign.
What is your all-time favourite slogan?
Although it isn't a slogan, I love this quote from Paulo Coelho: 'Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.'
Do you have a marketing mentor?
I love to sound out all the international marketing team at LivingSocial but Alexandra Salomon, our senior director of international marketing, is a particular inspiration.
What hobbies do you have?
I love sport, from running to kickboxing and skiing.
What is your favourite pub?
The Green in Clerkenwell has a great, welcoming atmosphere and good food.
What's your favourite holiday destination?
Tioman in Malaysia has to be one of my all-time top destinations - who wouldn't love a desert island paradise? Closer to home, I love skiing in the Dolomites.
If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
I recently bought tickets to see The Cure and was over the moon about it.
If you had three wishes, what would they be?
To see my friends and family in Italy more often, to travel more, and that it would stop raining in London.
What have been your best and worst freebies?
The worst were promotional pens and a plastic bracelet; as for the best, branded herb pots were a winner for me.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- E-mail Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Skelmersdale
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers