We'll Call You - Digital UK
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 09:00AM
Mole was unaware of the digital switchover, on account of living underground, so news of BBC Two's 'demise' sent us scurrying for the phone to make sense of it all.
Mktg Hello. Can I speak to someone about the digital switchover?
Digital UK Yes, you can speak to me. How can I help?
Mktg Well, you can start by telling me what's happening. I've been told that I'm losing coverage of BBC Two. I had no idea any of this was happening.
Digital UK Yes, that's right, but you should have known about this. We spent almost the past two-and-a-half years marketing the fact, telling the country there was about to be a switchover. I'm surprised you didn't know about it. It was done on a region-by-region basis and it was very carefully planned.
Mktg Well, I did hear something about it, but I never knew it was to happen so quickly. I have actually bought a Freeview box but I've heard people have had trouble converting to digital. Is this something you've had complaints about?
Digital UK No, not at all.
Mktg Well, my neighbour said she had problems and she has the same TV as me, so I am anticipating hassle. Is this number open 24 hours to handle potential difficulties?
Digital UK No, it is open till 10pm but there will be someone well-informed to answer any of your questions. To be honest, the set-top boxes are very easy to use and are foolproof. You can't go wrong.
Mktg OK, that's good to know. So what's next on the switchover? If I stay as I am and don't switch, I take it I will lose all my channels.
Digital UK You will, so the sooner you switch the better, either through a digitally enabled TV or through a set-top box.
Mktg OK, I will keep my eyes peeled for any more changes.
Digital UK Yes, that's a good idea, but if you have problems, don't hesitate to call us.
The call-handler was efficient, clearly spoken and knew his brief. He was up to speed on all the relevant dates, and never lost patience despite the basic nature of the questions. He also came across as a strong advocate of the digital switchover.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner, Top London Creative Agency Direct Recruitment £50,000-£65,000, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers