We'll Call You - Digital UK
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 09:00AM
Mole was unaware of the digital switchover, on account of living underground, so news of BBC Two's 'demise' sent us scurrying for the phone to make sense of it all.
Mktg Hello. Can I speak to someone about the digital switchover?
Digital UK Yes, you can speak to me. How can I help?
Mktg Well, you can start by telling me what's happening. I've been told that I'm losing coverage of BBC Two. I had no idea any of this was happening.
Digital UK Yes, that's right, but you should have known about this. We spent almost the past two-and-a-half years marketing the fact, telling the country there was about to be a switchover. I'm surprised you didn't know about it. It was done on a region-by-region basis and it was very carefully planned.
Mktg Well, I did hear something about it, but I never knew it was to happen so quickly. I have actually bought a Freeview box but I've heard people have had trouble converting to digital. Is this something you've had complaints about?
Digital UK No, not at all.
Mktg Well, my neighbour said she had problems and she has the same TV as me, so I am anticipating hassle. Is this number open 24 hours to handle potential difficulties?
Digital UK No, it is open till 10pm but there will be someone well-informed to answer any of your questions. To be honest, the set-top boxes are very easy to use and are foolproof. You can't go wrong.
Mktg OK, that's good to know. So what's next on the switchover? If I stay as I am and don't switch, I take it I will lose all my channels.
Digital UK You will, so the sooner you switch the better, either through a digitally enabled TV or through a set-top box.
Mktg OK, I will keep my eyes peeled for any more changes.
Digital UK Yes, that's a good idea, but if you have problems, don't hesitate to call us.
The call-handler was efficient, clearly spoken and knew his brief. He was up to speed on all the relevant dates, and never lost patience despite the basic nature of the questions. He also came across as a strong advocate of the digital switchover.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show