We'll Call You: KFC
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 09:00AM
The chain has launched 'KFC degrees' in business with De Montfort University in Leicester. Ever keen to broaden our mind, Mole wanted to find out more
Mktg: Hello, I'm calling about the new degree courses you are offering. How would I go about finding out more?
KFC: Erm, can you give me more detail? I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Mktg: OK, there was a story in the newspapers last week that KFC was to begin providing degrees and other qualifications. I'm not an employee of KFC, but I might consider it if they are funding degrees. That's why I phoned you, to find out more.
KFC: I don't know anything about this. Are you sure about this? We haven't been briefed on anything like this.
Mktg: Yes, it is a big thing. I'm very surprised you don't know anything about it. Could you perhaps put me through to someone who does know something, please?
KFC: Well, it is not the sort of thing we get asked. Just hold the line a minute and I'll see if I can get hold of my manager. (Mktg is kept on hold for about three minutes before the same call-handler comes back on the line.) OK, I have spoken to my manager, and she said the best thing to do is to phone the general number, which is (gives number), and just outline what you have told me, and they will take it from there.
Mktg: Well, this does surprise me, I thought this was the 'customer careline' and that you would be able to help me. I am very surprised indeed.
KFC: No, this is a complaints line. We deal with complaints. You need to phone the other number for enquiries of this ilk.
VERDICT: 2 OUT OF 10
The call-handler had no knowledge of this development. She seemed interested only in trying to end the conversation quickly. She also claimed that the number Mole called, clearly labelled a 'customer careline' on KFC's site, deals only with complaints.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £50,000 + excellent benefits package, London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager - Fast Growing Ladies Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution £35,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £40,000 + Fantastic benefits!, Central London
- Digital Associate Director Aspire £225 - £275 per day, London
- Campaign Executive - Middlesex - Perm Ninesharp £30000 - £32000 per annum + Great Benefits, Brentford
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push