Google to face Treasury Committee over tax avoidance
By Rebecca Burn-Callander, managementtoday.co.uk, Monday, 13 August 2012 09:49AM
Quote of the day: 'It is entirely immoral. This is a company avoiding its obligations and we are letting them get away with doing it.' John Mann of the MP's Treasury Select Committee is not best pleased with Google. The search giant paid just £6m in tax last year on a turnover of £395m. Mann refuses to believe that Google's tiny contribution to the Exchequer is legal, despite assurances from CEO Eric Schmidt that the fault lies with our tax system. Mann is demanding that an executive from Google explain the company's tax strategy, and 'justify their failure to pay proper taxes'.
This article was first published on managementtoday.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)