Diary: No place for doodles
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 08:00AM
Hang on to your briefs, McCann London's Herbrand Street office is getting a refurb.
The agency's interior is in line for a makeover and a new lick of paint. One person who won't be happy is Harry Malt, who spent a year drawing doodles on every wall, nook and cranny in the vast four-storey building. The agency commissioned him to scribble all over it to add a bit of quirk to the place and, boy, did he suffer for his art. Malt has vertigo and, on the advice of a hypnotherapist, wore a Spider-Man outfit to tackle the hard-to-reach areas (apparently, pretending to be a superhero gave him the confidence not to pass out with fear). Well, McCann's doodling days are over and Malt's whimsical drawings of people, cats, dogs, horses and chickens (you name it) are getting painted over. Sad face.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Producer/ Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Designer x 2 Purple Consultancy £30000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Designer / Artworker Purple Consultancy £20000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- CRM Manager Stopgap £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Recruitment Officer Spotlight Recruitment £28000 - £31000 per annum + 27.5% BONUS,25 days hol, West London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Google UK ad revenues climb 17% to $1.6bn