Diary: No place for doodles
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 08:00AM
Hang on to your briefs, McCann London's Herbrand Street office is getting a refurb.
The agency's interior is in line for a makeover and a new lick of paint. One person who won't be happy is Harry Malt, who spent a year drawing doodles on every wall, nook and cranny in the vast four-storey building. The agency commissioned him to scribble all over it to add a bit of quirk to the place and, boy, did he suffer for his art. Malt has vertigo and, on the advice of a hypnotherapist, wore a Spider-Man outfit to tackle the hard-to-reach areas (apparently, pretending to be a superhero gave him the confidence not to pass out with fear). Well, McCann's doodling days are over and Malt's whimsical drawings of people, cats, dogs, horses and chickens (you name it) are getting painted over. Sad face.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views