Diary: No place for doodles
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 08:00AM
Hang on to your briefs, McCann London's Herbrand Street office is getting a refurb.
The agency's interior is in line for a makeover and a new lick of paint. One person who won't be happy is Harry Malt, who spent a year drawing doodles on every wall, nook and cranny in the vast four-storey building. The agency commissioned him to scribble all over it to add a bit of quirk to the place and, boy, did he suffer for his art. Malt has vertigo and, on the advice of a hypnotherapist, wore a Spider-Man outfit to tackle the hard-to-reach areas (apparently, pretending to be a superhero gave him the confidence not to pass out with fear). Well, McCann's doodling days are over and Malt's whimsical drawings of people, cats, dogs, horses and chickens (you name it) are getting painted over. Sad face.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital Communications Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief