Diary: Signs of the times
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 08:00AM
Tributes have continued to flood in for the late, great Winston Fletcher - the man who launched two ad agencies and served as both the president of the IPA and the Advertising Association.
Our attention has also been drawn to some of the lighter moments that Fletcher provided over the years - including a fantastic Campaign Christmas feature in 1977 that gave him free rein to offer advice to UK sign-writers who had created such standout copy as "Motorists take care ... poultry crossing." Both creatives and media buyers are on the receiving end of Fletcher's sharp wit - a couple of examples are shown on the right.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London
- INTEGRATED DESIGNER 70% DIGITAL 30% PRINT #HTML #INTERNALCOMMS Creative Recruitment £30000 per annum, London
- Junior Designer,Developer #HMTL #CSS Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne