Diary: Signs of the times
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 08:00AM
Tributes have continued to flood in for the late, great Winston Fletcher - the man who launched two ad agencies and served as both the president of the IPA and the Advertising Association.
Our attention has also been drawn to some of the lighter moments that Fletcher provided over the years - including a fantastic Campaign Christmas feature in 1977 that gave him free rein to offer advice to UK sign-writers who had created such standout copy as "Motorists take care ... poultry crossing." Both creatives and media buyers are on the receiving end of Fletcher's sharp wit - a couple of examples are shown on the right.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Corporate & Major Donor Fundraising Manager (Permanent) deadline for 14th March Mayor's Fund for London £45,000, London Bridge
- CRM & Digital Marketing Manager fishtank £25000 - £35000 per annum, Bristol
- Lead Digital Designer - London - £50,000 - £60,000 Red Sofa London £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager Online Resourcing £Competitive + excellent benefits , Gatwick, West Sussex
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive