Diary: Signs of the times
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 08:00AM
Tributes have continued to flood in for the late, great Winston Fletcher - the man who launched two ad agencies and served as both the president of the IPA and the Advertising Association.
Our attention has also been drawn to some of the lighter moments that Fletcher provided over the years - including a fantastic Campaign Christmas feature in 1977 that gave him free rein to offer advice to UK sign-writers who had created such standout copy as "Motorists take care ... poultry crossing." Both creatives and media buyers are on the receiving end of Fletcher's sharp wit - a couple of examples are shown on the right.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager (Branding) air recruitment Up to £38K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £41k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4