Turkey of the Week - Grey Toronto's/Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 08:00AM
Ian Darby feels nauseous after sitting through Grey Toronto's spot for Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, which is now airing on UK TV:
"This ad, featuring four egregious men creating lame diversions for their female partners so they can go to a bar to hang out, does nothing for the brand. The scenario is laughable and the characters become more dislikeable as the spot progresses. The brand seemed to ditch this laddish approach with its recent US ads but, in the UK, we still have to watch this rubbish."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'