Turkey of the Week - Grey Toronto's/Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 08:00AM
Ian Darby feels nauseous after sitting through Grey Toronto's spot for Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, which is now airing on UK TV:
"This ad, featuring four egregious men creating lame diversions for their female partners so they can go to a bar to hang out, does nothing for the brand. The scenario is laughable and the characters become more dislikeable as the spot progresses. The brand seemed to ditch this laddish approach with its recent US ads but, in the UK, we still have to watch this rubbish."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Project Manager (Digital) Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Senior Project Manager Zebra People £40000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- High Value Donor Manager National Trust Circa £33,467 pa, Heelis, Swindon
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3