Turkey of the Week - Grey Toronto's/Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 08:00AM
Ian Darby feels nauseous after sitting through Grey Toronto's spot for Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, which is now airing on UK TV:
"This ad, featuring four egregious men creating lame diversions for their female partners so they can go to a bar to hang out, does nothing for the brand. The scenario is laughable and the characters become more dislikeable as the spot progresses. The brand seemed to ditch this laddish approach with its recent US ads but, in the UK, we still have to watch this rubbish."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PPC Executive - London - up to £28,000 Salt £25000 - £28000 per annum + + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - London - circa £55K Salt £55000 per annum + standard benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £65000 - £75000 per annum, Shirley, West Midlands
- SENIOR UX DESIGNER - LONDON - £50-60K Salt £50000 - £60000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisitions - London - up to £70K Salt £70000 per annum + standard benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Vodafone to create play from tweets
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- ZenithOptimedia retains O2 and snatches Spanish market
- An agency view on the 'right to be forgotten'
- Land Rover moves global content and social media to Brooklyn Brothers